Food & Sustainability Studies, Perugia
Spend your semester exploring international food cultures with this unique program at the Umbra Institute in the medieval city of Perugia. You will take three courses in food studies, an Italian language course, and an elective of your choice. Each course includes a series of excursions and activities including guest lecturers, site visits, and hands-on experience. A hallmark of the Umbra Institute programs is community engagement so you'll have many opportunities to get to know the locals and really sample Italian life.
You will explore how we as individuals and as communities relate to issues around food in Italy, America, and globally. This is done through different angles - history, sociology, cultural studies, anthropology, business, politics, science, agriculture, and sustainability.
Arcadia opens the doors to new experiences, different academic learning, people, cultures and perspectives so you can build your own lifelong learning and memories:
- Enjoy academic success – earn credit abroad
- Explore a new world – excursions, activities, events, and so much more!
- Get to know yourself – gain a new view of the world and your place in it.
- Rely on us for support – 9 centers in 11 countries worldwide
- Boost your resume – employers AND graduate schools.
Please check our website for dates and the latest program information.