STEM Summer Research - Aberdeen
Your placement will be in one of the best Medical Sciences programs in the U.K., The Institute of Medical Sciences (IMS) or The Rowett Institute, alongside world-class research groups. You will be welcomed by a senior member of our faculty, who will look after all students, and by your project supervisor. Choose from a range of biomedical science, molecular, cell and developmental biology projects. You will be trained in current research techniques and will benefit from a range of workshops to cater to the differing interests of the students. These workshops will also allow faculty to speak to students one-on-one, to discuss their progress and to ensure they have regular pastoral support during their stay in Aberdeen.
- The IMS is home to several world-class research groups including the MRC Centre in Medical Mycology and the Aberdeen Centre for Arthritis and Musculoskeletal Health. The Rowett Institute is a world leader in healthy eating, human nutrition and how it can help prevent disease.
- For students on a Pre-Med track, there will be an opportunity to shadow clinical practitioner and experience in our simulated ward and other clinical skills activities. Students are also welcome to attend Medicine Open Days.
- In the National Student Survey, Aberdeen was jointly ranked first for overall student satisfaction in Pharmacology. In the 2019 Guardian League Tables Aberdeen was ranked first in Scotland for Sports Science and fifth in the UK for Anatomy and Physiology.
Arcadia opens the doors to new experiences, different academic learning, people, cultures and perspectives so you can build your own lifelong learning and memories:
- Enjoy academic success – earn credit abroad
- Explore a new world – excursions, activities, events, and so much more!
- Get to know yourself – gain a new view of the world and your place in it.
- Rely on us for support – 9 centers in 11 countries worldwide
- Boost your resume – employers AND graduate schools.
Please check our website for dates and the latest program information.